[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:22:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Duh! I tried nomtrr as you suggested, with no noticeable change. I'm
> really dying to see your building procedure, to be able to reproduce
> your impressive scores. ;)

 	Incredibly simple:

 	1. Check out/update your local copy of Xorg from cvs
 	1. Build Xorg from cvs
 	2. Install that successful build
 	3. Check out/update your local copy of Mesa from cvs
 	4. Edit configs/linux-dri to remove mga and any other extra
 	   drivers you don't want to build (in my case, MGA failed to
 	   build which killed the rest that followed)
 	5. Check out r300_driver from cvs (the next step is important)
 	6. Copy the entire ./drm/ subdirectory from inside the r300
 	   tree alongside the Mesa directory
 	7. Build Mesa
 	8. Install that successful build

 	Make sure radeon_dri.so, radeon_drv and the other bits are
where you expect them to be, inside /usr/X11R6, and restart X.

 	That's all I had to do. Check out 3 trees, build, install.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com