[ltp] Re: x20 questions

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:57:58 -0400

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 21:56 +0200, Rolf Leggewie wrote:

> OK, but at least I can use any ethernet mini PCI card out there.  The
> X20 I am having an eye on does not have an ethernet card but a modem :-(

The one I bought had ethernet/modem.  (The reason I replaced my card was
that the modem half had no Linux drivers.)

Do the X20s that don't come with the ethernet card still have the wired
port?  Maybe someone with a different model X20 than mine can answer
that one.

> One more hardware related question for the X20 owners.  I plan to use my
> CF WLAN card.  The X20 has a Compact Flash port on the back.  Will that
> be accessible when the unit is in the port replicator or the dock?  The
> WLAN card sticks out a bit like most of these cards.

It's on the side, so the port replicator won't interfere with the CF
slot.  Same with the PCMCIA slot.  There are also two USB ports: one on
the right and one on the rear.  Unfortunately, they aren't USB2.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/