[ltp] Re: x20 questions

Rolf Leggewie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:34:58 +0200

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV wrote:

> Do the X20s that don't come with the ethernet card still have the wired
> port?

You mean will they be the same once you pop in an ethernet mini-pci
card?  I assume yes but will not be able to confirm until later.  They
apparently do have the ethernet jack but of course that is unfunctional
until you install a mini pci card.

> It's on the side, so the port replicator won't interfere with the CF
> slot.  Same with the PCMCIA slot.

That is nice.

> There are also two USB ports: one on the right and one on the rear.  Unfortunately, they aren't USB2.

I hardly use USB except for my Zaurus and I am not sure the Z is better
than 1.x

BTW, does the X20 have an IRDA port?  Judging from the videos on the IBM
website it does not.  That would be unfortunate since it prevents me
from syncing with the Zaurus on the road.  The IBM Thinkpad site seems
to be out of order at the moment so I cannot check myself.