[ltp] USB not responding after sleep w/acpi

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:57:27 -0400

When I wake my X40 back up from acpi sleep, the USB ports stop responding. The
devices that are plugged in no longer work, and the kernel does not produce any
messages when devices are unplugged or plugged.

I've tried restarting the hotplug services (I'm using Debian unstable), but
that doesn't change anything. Removing the loaded USB modules and then
modprobing them all again also doesn't seem to change anything. Of course if I
reboot, everything's normal again.

I'm using a 2.6.10 kernel.

I've had similar problems before, but usually restarting the hotplug services
brought the ports back to life. Any suggestions for how to address this? Is
there something I can do before putting the laptop to sleep that will help stop
this from happening?

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net