[ltp] x31 - Browser-Buttons for Opera?

cr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:20:01 +1200

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 05:52, Ignacio Fernández Galván wrote:
> Toens Bueker, 04-06-2005:
> > For Firefox there was an extension, which would allow me to
> > use the "back" and "forth" buttons on my x31 to spare some
> > mouse pointing.
>
> I guess that would be a task for Opera itself, and it seems it's still
> missing some configuability in that respect. But please visit the
> opera.linux newsgroup and report back if you get a solution.
>
> By the way, if you're new to Opera you may be unaware of a nice feature:
>
> Hold the right mouse button and then press the left one --> back
> Hold the left mouse button and then press the right one --> forward

Hey, it works!    (I just tried it on my desktop PC - I've been using Opera
as default browser for years, but I never knew that.)

Thanks for the tip.

By the way (and to get back sort of on topic), on old Thinkpads with limited
RAM like mine, Opera uses a lot less memory than Firefox or any of the other
Mozilla-derived browers do.

cr