[ltp] Stopping Synaptics Touchpad Gesture Control

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:19:46 -0400

How can I disable the gesture control of the Synaptics touchpad?

I have tried disabling many options in the xorg.conf and with synclient but they neither appear to have any effect on anything. In the X server log I see the synaptics device is found and the options are being set but at the end I see "Synaptics DeviceOff called" which leads me to believe that maybe the driver is being overridden and the builtin defaults are taking over. I'm clueless.

Does anyone know how to stop all of the scrolling and gesture control? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,
Mike