[ltp] Failing fan (Re: Is my T23 thinkpad hard drive failing?)

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 00:45:16 +1200

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:28, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@paradise.net.nz> writes:
> > 1) Cpu fans make an appalling low frequency growling noise when the
> > bearings fail.
>
> the fan on my T30 has been growling at me for quite a few weeks now
> (the machine was on for most of the 2+ years I have it).
>
> Can anybody relate some experience how long one can ignore this
> and how easy it is to replace the fan?

I'd say: Don't delay, the hot weather in your part of the world is nearly
starting. Getting a new fan is far cheaper than a new CPU.

For the Flash Movies see:-
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46145

There are pdf files of hardware maintenace manuals available, your's is at:-
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-42308

Otherwise get your local IBM service centre to do it for you.

--
C. S.