[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad?

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:45:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Paul Cuciureanu wrote:

>  .. let's assume for a second, each of us is one of those people that keep
> ranting on forever about their computers, etc..
>
> Why do you Love your ThinkPad?

Some of the reasons I chose my T40 were:

- TPs' durability.  It's built like a tank.  And based on what others have
  said, I can expect years of service from it.
- The red 'pencil eraser' pointer.  I can't stand the pad.
- The Thinklight (small factor).
- The second memory socket, though that may not be as rare as I had thought.

What I didn't find out until after I'd purchased it, was that IBM's service
is *excellent*.

--
The powers in charge keep us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor
with the cry of national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil to