[ltp] NOKIA 9500 Communicator mount usb with cable?

Pekka Pessi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:02:13 +0300

Tomas Willebrand <t.wille@vannas.net> writes:
>I would like to use my phone to carry files between computers but can not
>mount my Nokia 9500 as a usb-stick (/dev/sda). I have no problems with
>ordinary usb sticks or mp3-players. I can transfer files with bluetooth but
>it is very slow!

I'm afraid that the 9500 does not support usb-storage interface,
it is only a modem. (At least mine does not, I don't claim there
might be some software upgrade.)

However, you can use the OBEX interface and obexftp over USB, or
something like p3nfs. These things are probably not installed by
default on your Linux boxes unlike usb-storage. ;-/

--Pekka