[ltp] Fail to burn cd on my T42p

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:25:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Wehn you start the 'exe' file running windoze, it creates a bootable
> floppy disk (!). You have to boot from the floppy disk. The "update
> application" on the floppy checks and updates the firmware of the
> drive... The procedure is also described in more details on the link
> you received.

	What is this "floppy disk" you speak about?

	Seriously though, why don't they just make it launch an
updater sitting in the diagnostic partition of the drive?

	Most people don't even have access to floppy diskettes anymore
(I certainly don't), and I wouldn't even know where to find any these
days. I'm sure my local Staples and OfficeMax would laugh me out of
the store for asking for them.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com