[ltp] ACPI suspend to ram (S3) on TP R50e : no resume

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:17:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hello !

I have an installed centos 4.1 (RHEL 4.1 alike) with kernel 2.6.9-11.EL
and working acpi (at least for ie battery) on my thinkpad R50e.

I can suspend to ram with no problem ( echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep ),
however, the resume does not work: When the power comes back, I stay on
the text screen where I can see:
'|stopping Tasks =====|'
but nothing else.

The keyboard is not responding (I cannot Ctrl-Alt-Delete).
I tried to add acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_s3_mode on the kernel command line,
it did not help. Just adding acpi_sleep=s3_bios was reported not to work
either.

There does not seem to be any APM bios on the TP R50e, so I cannot go to
sleep using apm either: When I boot with acpi=off , the kernel reports:
kernel: apm: BIOS not found.

I am not the only one with this problem:

Could anyone help me ?
(Ideally, I would like to keep my vendor's kernel.)

Best regards,
A. Brenner