[ltp] T41 Ubuntu Config Basics

Michael Z Daryabeygi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:14:14 -0500

Help,
I am pretty much still a linux newbie though I have made great strides.
I have a dual boot WinXP Pro and Ubuntu Warty.
And I think I am ready to make Ubuntu my default boot option.
But I need to make all the standard configs to get all the thinkpad
bells and whistles working.
Plus I think I have a sound problem but I am not sure of it's scope.

So what I am looking from you, oh wise list, is some basic pointers.
Links to useful tutorials, packages I should install for battery
management or what not, hyber/sleep, getting my middle mouse button to
work...

Simply names of packages, and what they do, that are useful for a
thinkpad would be of most help.

Thanks much in advance.
And I won't bother with stupid questions after this until I RTFM, I promise.