[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 600

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:28:23 -0600

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 11:28, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
> It comes with a plethora of window managers including Gnome & KDE and

FWIW, pretty much all the major distros have all the major window
managers and desktop environments. Distrowatch lists which versions are
in which release.

> Gnome runs fine on the TP600, however since this is older hardware I
> use icewm which has a smaller memory demand along with a file manager

I like XFCE, especially the latest 4.2, on older hardware. It's what I
use on my 600X. I liked it so much there that I started using it on my
desktop too. It's really maturing into a nice DE.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header