[ltp] T43p and Expresscard

Torkild Ulvøy Resheim linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:49:57 +0100

--nextPart2504512.mKjyICTLrh

On Friday 04 March 2005 17:48, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> Torkild Ulv=F8y Resheim wrote:
> >I'm currently looking forward to receiving my upgrade from a A22p running
> > SuSE 9.1 to a brand new T43p. I'm planning to install SuSE 9.2 on the n=
ew
> > box.
>
> Definitely a major upgrade, Have fun with it. If you get an Intel
> 2915ABG WiFi, you need ipw2200.sf.net
Yeah, I expect much improved performance, and more 8-)) The wireless nic is=
 an=20
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG. I don't really need 802.11a.

> >Since I don't have any particlar use for the expresscard slot on it I'm
>
> I don't think SuSe Support it. Anyway, it would be the kernel.
Well, not a big loss. Yet.

> >thinking about installing an averymedia radio/tv-tuner. Does anyone have
> > any experience with this setup?
>
> This is why I didn't wait for a T43, and got a T42, still there is no
> support for the Intel Media Accelerator 9000, this is not a real Sonoma
> system or generation Centrino 2. It supports SoundMax sound and not the
> snd-azx of Intel High Definition, whichhh the T43's and Sonoma systems
> should have by now.
The chipset which is a Mobile Intel 915PM Express does actually support Int=
el=20
High Definition. However, there is no mention of Media Accelerator 9000.

> Also, Sonoma should have a Nvidia PCI-E Chipset or well an ATI (which
> probably IBM is waiting for(I would use Nvidia))
> There are features missing...
> - Real T&L support (need ATI or Nvidia)
Hmm... I cannot find any info on that either. However the Fire GL V3200 is=
=20
probably good enough for what I need.
> - Sonoma Sound (Intel High Definition)
> - Keyboard light (LCD screen has a sensor and notices if the room is
> dark, so it lights up the keyboard) Mac has this already?
I've seen that on my friend's Mac... Pretty cool :-)

=2D-=20
Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards                                  ((
Torkild Ulv=F8y Resheim, Senior Systemutvikler / Software Engineer    ))
Emma EDB AS, Trondheim, Norway. http://www.emmaedb.no             |----|_
Private pages: http://resheim.no - "Any sufficiently advanced     |    | )
bug is indistinguishable from a feature."                         |____|'