[ltp] atitvout detecting tv - interesting finding

Nick Bower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:54:26 +0100

--=-lXqxTMzIh4G8kbIt4U9A

I noticed on the weekend when getting a TV to work with my T42 (just the
Radeon7500) that doing a radeontool off then on with the TV connected
somehow allowed me to detect the connected TV without a sleep or reboot.

In other words, doing a atitvout detect only showed the laptop's panel
with the TV connected at first (as expected), but then doing radeontool
off/on (I have this configured for the lid's acpi event so discovered it
by accident), the same atitvout detect command then showed the TV.  I
repeated this twice to verify and I report it here because I believe
that the current thinking on this subject requires the laptop to
hibernate or power-down/up to detect an attached TV.

nick

--=20
Nick Bower <nick@nickbower.com>

--=-lXqxTMzIh4G8kbIt4U9A