[ltp] Graphics and ACPI

Carl-Fredrik Enell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:20:03 +0200

Hi,

this looks more or less like the problem I (and many others on the
list as well) had when my T41p was new, although my pixels were
greenish, not white. Trying suspend-to-RAM made the problem much
worse.
Does the problem disappear after reboot? Or is there actually
something in the ACPI suspend-to-RAM code that can damage graphics
memory physically?

Anyway, I have never tried ACPI again but stick to APM/apmd. Suspend
works fine although the battery drain remains rather high.

Regards
Carl-Fredrik

    Mauro> Dear all, after my previous message and after reading your
    Mauro> answers I decided first of all to upgrade my bios. After
    Mauro> upgrading the bios I can finally suspend-to-ram with acpi.
    Mauro> Unfortunately after suspending and resuming, my x session
    Mauro> appears (it's hard to explain this with my english)
    Mauro> something "grainy".
Carl-Fredrik Enell
Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory
Tähteläntie 62
FIN-99600 Sodankylä, Finland

http://www.sgo.fi/~fredrik
Telephone (work):	(+358) (0)16  619826
Mobile phone (private): (+358) (0)400 820037