[ltp] t23, 2.6.11 kernel, any cautionary tales?

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:07:44 -0800

Hi all-

I've reached a happy spot in my hundred acre woods with my T23 and the
2.6.10 kernel but I am always ready for a new challenge.  What's the
overall vote on 2.6.11?  Does it make acpi any better, worse, or
somewhere inbetween?  Right now on my T23 things just work.  I've had to
patch the acpi stuff and a few things seem different since when my
laptop took a face plant on the floor; but everything seems okay.

One issue that remains is the clock skew thing when I suspend the
laptop.  Often it wakes up with some imaginary time in the future or
past which is kind of humorous since once I did not catch it and sent a
few emails that people stridently admitted to not getting :)

Probably a better thing for all concerned...

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org