[ltp] t23, 2.6.11 kernel, any cautionary tales?

Paul Kimoto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 01:13:20 -0500

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 04:07:44PM -0800, Michael Perry wrote:
> I've reached a happy spot in my hundred acre woods with my T23 and the
> 2.6.10 kernel but I am always ready for a new challenge.  What's the
> overall vote on 2.6.11?  Does it make acpi any better, worse, or
> somewhere in between?  Right now on my T23 things just work.

I use APM, not ACPI, on my T23.

> One issue that remains is the clock skew thing when I suspend the
> laptop.  Often it wakes up with some imaginary time in the future or
> past which is kind of humorous since once I did not catch it and sent a
> few emails that people stridently admitted to not getting :)

For me, the system briefly thought (long enough to post nonsense into the
log files) that time passed twice as fast while suspended.  The problem
seems to be gone in 2.6.11.