[ltp] Thinkpad R50p Ultrabay Hotswapping drives

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:51:45 +0100

--=-V9RrJ/TYLdJM/JRZxdHL

> > > Indeed!
> >
> > ??? Sure about this?
> No, I'm not certain, but I am under the impression that if you want the=20
> hotswap features to load at boot time you need coldswap.
> Sorry I forget where "I read that.

The hotplug features you mean. Even though the words are close there is
some difference in the purposes of hotplug and hotswap. Coldplug is to
make hotplug available at boot time. But hotswap is just a little
program that is an alternative for i.e. the idectl script (does it need
hdparm still?).

BTW: Is IDE hotplugging a goal of the hotplug project at all? If it is,
wouldn't it make sense to have ibm-acpi create a hotplug event on
inserting the drive lever?

Andr=E9.

--=-V9RrJ/TYLdJM/JRZxdHL

--=-V9RrJ/TYLdJM/JRZxdHL--