[ltp] one issue with 2.6.11.2 so far

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:53:32 +0100

Am Samstag, 12. M=E4rz 2005 06:09 schrieb Michael Perry:

> Turns out one cannot compile a kernel with config_preempt in place and
> have linuxant work.  I went back and turned this off and have the
> linksys card working. =20

Hello Michael,

Hmmm... I do not use the linuxant driver, so I can't say much anything=20
about it.

> I am gonna get suspend to disk working next using Martin's email and
> config options.  As it stands now, I can suspend with lid close events
> and Fn-F4 with the addition of the latest ibm-acpi drivers and enabling
> hotkeys.

Be careful and preferably test it with only journalling filesystems=20
mounted if at all. If you have a separate home partition it might be wise=20
to unmount it for the first tests. Or to do a "sync" before.

That said I did not have any data losses on failed suspend to disk=20
processes using XFS. Several times where suspend to disk failed I have=20
XFS recovery (transactions are played back), but these seemed to have=20
worked just like when I switch the laptop of without a proper shutdown.

I send you my ACPI scripts and events.=20

Regards,
=2D-=20