[ltp] DPMS does not work on my ThinkPad T23

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:21:35 +0200

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 01:05:41PM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I came across this before, but now I tested it a bit more as I recognized=
=20
> the ibm-blank.sh script of the ibm-acpi debian package again...
>=20
> I tried using the command used in that script as the user who is currentl=
y=20
> running X:
>=20
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xset -display:0 dpms force off
>=20
> But nothing happens when I execute this.

On my T23 the screen goes blank, but the backlight stays on, when I do
xset dpms force off.

Ubuntu Hoary has a 'vbetool' package that lets me turn the screen off
with 'vbetool dpms off'.  My /etc/acpi/lid.sh looks like this:

  grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state
  if [ $? =3D 0 ]
  then
          vbetool dpms off
  else
          vbetool dpms on
  fi

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
> I'm not sure what makes a given poem 'modern'...

Well, one characteristic sometimes found is... to put it politely...
creative typography.  Very creative typography.
	-- Henry Spencer on the chores of typesetting modern poetry

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl--