[ltp] Gentoo on 750P

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:04:17 +1300

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:27, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Sunday 13 March 2005 11:34, Chris Schumann wrote:
> > The machine has a 33MHz 486, 36MB RAM and a 12GB 4200RPM disk.
> > [snip]
> > Any guesses as to how long emerge system will take? As a hint,
>
> I would be more interested in the answer to this: "Why would you want
> to?" I don't understand.
It's like climbing a mountain. He wants to simply because it's both possible
and difficult, i.e. there is a sense of achievement once the task is
completed.

You can boot a no_CDROM machine using the BG-rescue floppies.

http://omnibus.uni-freiburg.de/~giannone/rescue/current/

You then load stage-1 onto it and chroot into the stage-1 environment.

--
C. S.