[ltp] Noisy fan on T42

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:35:42 +0100

--Signature_Mon__14_Mar_2005_17_35_42_+0100_69V5STY+Q9joF2Lv

hi,

try to setup the cpu speed manually as I do this for working with
battery or for quit working:

-------------------------- script battery.sh -----------------------
#!/bin/bash
echo 600000 >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo powerave >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Maybe you have a opengl screensaver or other opengl stuff. 1 min with
opengl on and my gfx card (Radeon 7500) needs up to 20min to cool down.

I'll think about more reasons, will tell you, if I find something.

Can you post us your dmesg.log output, maybe will find there something.
Is your dma on for the hardrive, so the cpu is always working to get the
data through cpu instead to put it directly into the ram.

"hdparm -d /dev/hda" output?

Greetz

Konstantin