[ltp] was working now wlan card not seen... different subject... 770XY sound MIDI works!!!

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:31:35 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Bert Haskins wrote:

> > I was well into installing fc2 on one of my 770s (x) when I had to
> > shutdown.
> > FWIW fc3 seems to have problems with some sound apps
> > I had been adding and updating with apt-get for over three hours with
> > no problems.
> > After restarting the wlan pcmcia card is not recognized.
> > In fact, I've tried three different wless cards and none are recognized.
> > Cardctl "ident" says " open_sock(): No such device"
> > There are no "beeps" when inserting and extracting a card.
> > Also no lights on the card.

> I have now found out that if I enter:
> //////
> modprobe yenta_socket
> service pcmcia restart
> /////
> my wlan is back.
> Any ideas what is killing the sockets?

Simple question -- is your NIC a PCMCIA card?  Sounds like it is, but one
can never be sure.

CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person...
but you know they're lying.  If I were you, I'd lock my doors and
windows and never never never never leave my house again.  -- Weird Al