[ltp] Re: USB died on my T42p

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:08:05 +1100

On 20 Mar 2005, David Ayers wrote:
> My usb ports suddenly went dead, and I suspect a hardware problem. I
> can boot several SUSE 9.2 systems, as well as Windows XP-Pro. None of
> them now recognize a usb device.

If you can reproduce the issue under Windows XP, you should have zero
trouble getting support from IBM.  Simply tell them that you can't talk
to USB, and don't mention that you even ran Linux, for the simplest run.

They will tell you if there is any further testing they need.

     Daniel
--
Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power
predominates,love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.