[ltp] Request For Assistance with tpctl

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:05:31 -0600

On Saturday 19 March 2005 05:54, Thomas Hood wrote:
> The latest release of the "thinkpad" drivers, version 5.8, works with
> kernels up to 2.6.8.  The thinkpadpm driver does not work under 2.6.9
> and higher because it uses functions (put_cpu_ptr, get_cpu_ptr) that
> have been removed.

Aha! I wonder why I never thought to try downgrading? Thanks for the
tip. And ... grrr, I've been a loyal Linuxer, but I wish they'd leave
"stable" kernels alone.

(OT: anyone using *BSD on Thinkpads? Is that, in your opinion, an
option worth exploring?)

> I am writing because I don't find within myself the necessary
> motivation to do this.  My free software hacking time is being spent
> on other things these days.

Thanks for all you've done. I wish I was in the position to help out.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header