[ltp] t40p dvd playback output to projector

Vijay Garla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:24:03 +0000

Hi,

I've got a t40p, and on Linux, I can't playback divx/dvds via my
projector.  Xine plays them back fine on my lcd screen; however, on the
projector, there's just a void where xine's playback window is.

In windows, the behavior is the same when i've got a high resolution
(1400X1050).  However, on windows, the fn+f7 combo allows you to change
the resolution to one of the IBM preconfigured display settings.  In
windows, after switching to 640x480, playback of divx/dvds works fine.
I've tried setting my screen resolution in linux to 640x480, but that
doesn't help - same void where the playback should be happening.

Does anybody have a t40p xorg.conf (preferably suse 9.2) they could
share with me?  Does anybody know why this happens - I.e. why the entire
desktop displays just fine, but there's a void where the divx/dvd is
playing?

TIA,

Vijay