[ltp] Re: Trouble setting ACPI on a A21e 2628-J1G

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:50:54 +0200

Mandi! Colin Macdonald
  In chel dí si favelave...

CM> are also various options in the bios.  Note the other guy who
CM> commented on it said something about a PII...  but my A21e has a
CM> Coppermine (crippled PIII).  Whats in yours?

A Celeron Coppermine as yours, for the PII... it was a misunderstood,
because i've a 600E that i use with apm/apmiser/tpctl and this a21e was
my first acpi installation... apm is very simple compared to acpi, it
tends to work ``out of the box''... ;)))

CM> One small note, instead of "Rebooting with cpufreq.debug=7" you
CM> can just "echo 7 > /sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/debug" to
CM> achieve the same thing if your kernel has sysfs support.

Mmmh... i've no /sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/debug file... very
strange! Can you send to me, offlist please, your kernel .config file?

CM> Same behavior here.  I tried to get the machine to turn off the
CM> LCD before running going into standby (using the xset -dpms off
CM> stuff like above) but "echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep" then switches
CM> the machine to a virtual console and wakes up my LCD :(

The same for Fn-F3 here, so that this shortcut seems really not so
usefoul...

CM> Can anyone offer any clues as to why there isn't a S3 there?  My
CM> DSDT is avaiable here:
CM> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/tables/IBM/ThinkPad_A21e_2655/

...it make sense to contribute also mine? How i can do this?

--
  Molti italiani sognavano di vedere Berlusconi in un cellulare,
  prima o poi...			(Stardust®, da i.n.n-a)