[ltp] Resolution 1400x1050 but max window size 1280x1024?

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:10:54 +0200

Jeff wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Bob Alexander wrote:
>

>>Jeff wrote:
>>
>>>Specs:  T42, Mandrake 10, XFree 4.3, ATI fglrx driver, kernel 2.6.8.1
>>>
>>>Does anyone know why the window size maxes out at 1280x1050 rather than
>>>expanding to the whole screen?  Is there a way to change this?
>>>
>>>Thank you very much!
>>>

>>Maybe a wrong XF86Config ? :)
>>
>>Bob
>

> Hi Bob,
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  I've looked through it but didn't find
> anything relevant.  This issue has existed since I've had Mandrake
> 10.0 installed (pretty much since I've had the laptop).  I've had two
> XF86Config files -- the first was generated by Mandrake, the second
> generated by fglrxconfig a few days ago.  I've attached the latter to
> this email if you would like to peruse it.
>
> Does anyone who has a 1400x1050 screen have the same issue?
>
> Thank you very much!

FWIW here is a link to my XF86Config-4 file which drives my 1400x1050
panel on my TP40 (2373-92G) with XFree from Debian unstable (Radeon 9000
M9).

http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/download/Debian/ACPIpowerOK/t40.237392G.XF86Config

Also, why don't you download Mepis Linux or Knoppix and give them a try ?

This could help you pinpoint the problem to the specific version of X
you are running.

HTH,
Bob