[ltp] T43 vs. T42 fan activity? (And: Advocacy for more Linux support?)

Ramon Cahenzli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 May 2005 11:46:41 +0200

On Fri, 06 May 2005 20:13:49 +1200
Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Option      "DynamicClocks" "on"        # [<bool>]
> into the Device section of the xorg.conf file made a huge reduction
> in the temperature of my R40.

I do have that option in my xorg.conf, and the X log even says it has been enabled. It doesn't seem to make any difference, though, the system still runs very hot. Your R40 probably uses a 7500-class Radeon Mobility, the T43 has a X300. Perhaps the X300's DynamicClocks is not yet supported?

But thank you for the hint. This might be something to still look forward to that turns the T43 into an excellent machine for Linux, in addition to swsusp support on SCSI drives.

Ramon