[ltp] WIFI conf. Xsupplicant? (Marco Ghirlanda)

Marco Ghirlanda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 May 2005 14:48:25 +0200

Hi everybody on the list!
First post from the first Linux Thinkpad of my life.

I'm running Debian Sarge on a T42 low budget and trying to configure my
integrated wifi driver, but I didn't understand even where to start.

Could someone just point me in the right direction?
I will make all necessary research on this topic, If I can.

I need to authenticate myself on a Windoze network like this:

- open authentication, WEP with dinamic key
- network access 802.1X
- Auth PEAP (no validation of server certificate)
- credential EAP-MSCHAP v2

How would you rate this as difficult from 1 to 10?
Impossible?

Should I use Xsupplicant?

Thanks in advance and big ciao from Turin, Italy.

Marco Ghirlanda
Director of Opensourcelab.it and Mediainlinux.org

p.s. this list rocks! Highly informative!