[ltp] T41p, HD getting hot (~41C) with no reason ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:15:01 +0200

Hi people,

<Martin Eslon> wrote on 13 May 2005 16:59:43 MET:

> Most HDD temperature monitoring software' go red on 44-45C, but they
> are mostly designed for desktop computers and 3" harddrives. Laptop
> drives should stand bit higher temperatures eg maybe up to 50C.

My problem is not really that I fear the HD will have a failure, it is
more that I do not like it to remains cool for hours and heats up for
no reason, and cools down only after a hard-reboot. That does not look
like "normal computer behavior" to me. Beside that, the HD temperature
is highly uncomfortable under my right palm. I tend to prefer less
efficient but comfortable computers :)

So, should I understand that I am the only one having such an odd
problem with his T41p ?

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN