[ltp] Netgear FA511 trouble

Sebastian Schäfer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 May 2005 16:57:23 +0200

I think _this_ is your problem

> > Attempting to load i82365 in kernel 2.6.11 get me a: FATAL: Error
> > inserting i82365
> > (/lib/modules/2.6.11-gentoo-r9/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.ko): No
> > such device.
> I think that you've used a pre-built kernel, so it has no
> module for i82365. So U must rebuild your kernel to include
> this module or include it into kernel.

Err? The module is found, so it has to be there. The failure is printed because the module (which is there) cannot be successfully loaded. A quick googling found out, that i82365 is the controller of the PCMCIA bridge. As you have already loaded the yenta drivers I suppose you don't need to load this one. But on the other hand, I've never used a PCMCIA card up to now. :-)

But the problem is definitely not the module not being there, but something else.

Greetings,
Sebastian Schäfer