[ltp] Unable to revive from suspend to disk

Fri, 27 May 2005 14:57:36 +0200

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 09:43:04 -0300, Hugo Santiago Carrer wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:49:25 -0300, Hugo Santiago Carrer wrote:
> > > Hi there
> > >
> > > I finalliy got my used T23. I have Debian (Sarge) on it with a 2.6.8
> > > kernel. Im still struggling with acpi and suspend to disk.
> > >
> > >  I have added the resume=/dev/hda3 kernel option to the kernel line
> > > above, and when I do
> > >
> > > echo disk >/sys/power/state
> > >
> > > It goes into hibernation but when I poweron again it doesn't recover,
> > > instead it boots up as if nothing happend except that I get the
> > > following line in dmesg
> > >
> > > Unable to find swap-space signature
> > > Adding 498952k swap on /dev/hda3.  Priority:-1 extents:1
> > >
> > > The first line only appears after a hibernation attempt, it looks like
> > > the hibernation breaks something in the swap partition or something.
> > >
> > > Any Ideas?
> >
> > Did you check the kernel logs for messages regardung software suspend?
> > I only used swsusp2 (http://suspend2.net) but reading the documentation
> > in Documentation/power/swsusp.txt from the kernel source, it seems like
> > all drivers needed for resume must be loaded when swsusp is
> > initialized, which might not be the case if you use an initrd, like
> > it's done by Debian Sarge kernels.
> >

> > Btw., I use kernel 2.6.11.8 and swsusp2 2.1.8.7 on my T23 and it works
> > like a charm.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tino
>
> Well I guess that should be it, I am using an initrd so... what are my options?
> If a patch my kernel sources with swsusp2 will it work? I assume it
> will from your statement above. I'm guessing, thats the way to go
> then?.

There are some guides what should be done to get resume working with
initrd. I use swsusp2 on LVM2 on an encrypted partition, so I have to go
another way here. :-)

> On another matter, is there any place to put scripts to be executed
> upon resume? This is to "reset" things that dont come up nicely, such
> as alsa and the like.

I use the hibernate script from suspen2.net and modified it to execute
the things I want after the suspend call.

Regards,
Tino