[ltp] IBM t23 supersavage, xvideo overlay

Harald Strack linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 May 2005 16:24:16 +0200

--------------080802000003060406050301

Hi,

I am running Linux Kernel 2.6.10, xorg cvs, drm cvs and mesa cvs on my
t23 with supersavage IX/C SDR card.
Xvideo works perfectly when I am running 1024x768. But all smaller
resolutions
(640x480, 800x600) are producing a video overlay which is only filled
with videodata in the upper right part. The rest is blue. What you see
is the actual movie, but it seems like the linebreaks (if this exists in
xvideo) are wrong.
Since the display  and the position of the video is wrong, the error may
be, that the Xvideo driver
does not recognize the smaller resolutions but uses for its calculation
further on 1024x768.

The XFree86 4.3.0 drivers had these problem for me also, but only on
tv-out. The actual driver has it
now on LCD and tv.

I did not found a cheap workaround like starting X in 640x480 mode or
similar.

Had anyone similar problems? Since the t23 seems to be very popular
laptop, but I could not
find any problem reports concerning my issues...

Best Regards

Harry

--------------080802000003060406050301

begin:vcard