[ltp] Fresh install of SuSE 9.3 on X30, stick with APM or need to consider ACPI?

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 May 2005 17:21:11 +0200

On Thu, 26 May 2005 01:12:02 +0200
Andr=E9 Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> wrote:

>=20
> ACPI should work for the X30. It offers you more flexibility, basically.
> Starting with that you don't need an extra hibernation partition as you
> figured already.
>=20
> I'd recommend ACPI, but it might need more effort to get it working
> smoothly, than APM does.
>=20
> Andr=E9.
>=20
Andr=E9 and Bret, thanks for the responses and food for thought.  I'll try =
get ACPI running first but since I have the luxury of plenty of disk space
I'll create a partition that I can use if I need to fall back to APM.  I
can use the partition for something else if needed later.  Given my level
of expertise (low) I'm better off creating the hibernation partition during
the installation process than going back later to make changes after the
distro is in.  Keeping my cake and eating it too? ;-)  John