[ltp] Re: SOT: Linux friendly MP3 player

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:05:56 +0000

>>I am looking for a Linux friendly portable MP3 player.  Cost is a
>>consideration but cheap and unreliable is not an option.  It's
>>predominate use will be to listen to podcasts, webcasts, etc. on
>>technical subjects.  I'm hoping that I'll get out and
>>walk/run/exercise more if I can keep feeding my information greed at
>>the same time.

If you can get hold of a Rio Karma, you'll like it. Ogg support,
excellent sound quality, and ethernet interface. The Rio Carbons are
also very good, and act as simple USB removable disks - but no ogg support.

Don't touch the EZ-AV Xen players - I bought one, and it causes my
kernel to panic!

Richard