[ltp] Re:Forward/backward keys in Firefox

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:17:47 +0100

Hey,

shorty wrote:

>I would be checking xev to see if the keysyms that you set in xmodmap
>are being printed. Gnome and kde stopped calling xmodmap by default a
>while ago, so unless you have only recently upgraded wm versions or
>something, then i dont know why it wont work. If the keys arent mapped
>run 'xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap' and see what gives.

Got it fixed. In content/browser/browser.xul I used to have
     <key id="goBackTP" keycode="VK_F21" command="Browser:Back" />
     <key id="goForwardTP" keycode="VK_F22" command="Browser:Forward" />

which works well with fFF 1.0.6. Now in 1.0.7 I changed it to
     <key id="goBackKb" keycode="VK_F21" command="Browser:Back" />
     <key id="goForwardKb" keycode="VK_F22" command="Browser:Forward" />

and all is well.

This should also have been the entry when applying the script but I must
have missed something because nothing was changed. Thanks all for the
input. Happy browsing again!

Cheers, Leon.