[ltp] ACPI or APM on a thinkpad R52

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 01:54:38 -0500

I don't have an R52 but if you're worry about SATA and sleep under
linux, yet don't mind compiling your own kernel, fear no more. Take a
look at
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux
It includes patches not only allow you to wake up from suspension, but
also enable S.M.A.R.T. and hdparm and DMA support of SATA interfaces.
If you do mind patching and compiling your own kernel, however, try
ubuntu, since it is reported that Breezy already has patched kernel for
suspend-to-RAM patch.
you might also want to check out:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_make_ACPI_work
for helpful hints.