[ltp] Not so fast: No sound on T4x with alsa (snd-intel8x0) and 2.6.x

Cedric Ware linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:37:15 +0100

	Hello,

> 1) amixer sset "Headphone Jack Sense" off
> 2) amixer sset "Line Jack Sense" off
> 3) alsactl store

Sorry to rain on your parade, but muting Headphone/Line Jack Sense is a
known fix, which works in some cases, but not all--e.g. mine (and yes,
I've just tried again with these exact commands...)

After some discussion on the alsa-users mailing list in August, I posted
a bug report: https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1381
Unfortunately, there hasn't been much feedback since then.  I don't even
know whom to remind of this or how to provide more debug information...

I have yet to try ALSA version 1.0.10rc2.  Other suggestions are of course
still welcome.

					Thanks anyway,
					Cedric.