[ltp] ACPI or APM on a thinkpad R52

Michele Campeotto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:54:16 +0100

> But should I really switch over to a new distribution just to get sleep
> to work?
>
> How was your personal experience with that?

  Personally, I don't like to compile packages, especially kernels, so
I can live with something a little less than optimal for the sake of
convenience. In the example at hand, Ubuntu uses swsusp, friends tell
me suspend2 is faster, but then I'd have to build and set-up things by
myself, so I stay with swsusp (I only rarely hibernate, tough, it
doesn't even snow that often here ;).

  Ubuntu on the R52 has just been slick: I installed it and all I had
to do to have everything work as I want is install tpb and uncomment a
line from a file.

  mic

--
Michele Campeotto - www.micampe.it

It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
=09-- Calvin