[ltp] USB problem on ThinkPad 380Z

Ramius linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:12:56 +0100

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV ha scritto:

>You can't set most BIOS functions on a 380 without a DOS program called
>PS2.EXE, which you can get from IBM.  Easy Setup's almost useless for
>setting up a Thinkpad.

I have found this:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=RMIE-3AXE3E
? Is it right? Is this the program or I must run it on a Windows machine
for create the boot floppy?

>However, have you tried booting with the kernel parameter
>"pci=routeirq"?  Alternatively, have you tried enabling APM and
>disabling ACPI (something like "acpi=off apm=on")?  The 380's a pretty
>old model, and something might just be broken there.
>
>And does the port work under that other OS?

I have tried acpi=off, and the usb pen worked perfectly... Latest
Knoppix (4.0.2), by default, use apm instead acpi on this laptop.
Various pci=... parameter doesn't make usb to work, if acpi is enabled.

Thank you very much to everyone :)