[ltp] USB problem on ThinkPad 380Z

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:05:59 -0500

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 22:53 +0100, Ramius wrote:
> Hi everyone, it's my first time on this list :)
>
> Testing Linux compatibility on a TP 380Z (I used a Kanotix 2005-3), I
> have encountered a problem with USB port. When I plug in a USB pen
> drive, I get these lines in dmesg:

> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> uhci_hcd 0000:00:06.2: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably
> using the wrong IRQ.

> Google said me the problem should be a wrong IRQ or PNP setting, but I
> havo no idea how I could fix this. There are no IRQ or PNP settings on
> EasySetup (pressing F1 during post).
> I have putted full dmesg, lspci and /proc/interrupts here:
> http://www.osfb.p2pforum.it/misc/ibm_tp380z-log/

You can't set most BIOS functions on a 380 without a DOS program called
PS2.EXE, which you can get from IBM.  Easy Setup's almost useless for
setting up a Thinkpad.

However, have you tried booting with the kernel parameter
"pci=routeirq"?  Alternatively, have you tried enabling APM and
disabling ACPI (something like "acpi=off apm=on")?  The 380's a pretty
old model, and something might just be broken there.

And does the port work under that other OS?

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <charletiv@gmail.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com