[ltp] Full dock and PCI graphics adapter

Rolf Leggewie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 15:54:04 +0100

Hi,

I have the full dock and a PCI graphics adapter installed.  I am looking
for information on how to set up xorg so that I can use the PCI card
while docked and the internal display while undocked with my X20.

Even better would be to have the internal display on all the time and
the PCI card added as a dual-head setup while docked.  I am not sure if
that is possible. As Alex has pointed out several times on this list,
the internal graphics adapter by itself cannot (yet) drive a dual-head
setup.  Again, where would I find information on this?

Best

Rolf