[ltp] LCD - technical details

Matthias Redlich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:03:09 +0100

Hello,

I called IBM some days ago and asked for more technical details about my
LCD in my laptop. But they were not able to give me a better answer than
"use it with 60 Hz". I am interested in a better description of my
display containing seperate information for the horizontal sync rate or
the vertical refresh rate and such things. A complete datasheet would be
great.

I use a ThinkPad R52 with the LCP panel making a solution of 1400x1050
pixels.

I would like to use the values for a good xorg configuration. I have
xorg working - that is not the problem. But I am interested in the
*real* settings for my LCD. Which rates are you using in your xorg.conf?

Does the fglrx driver detect the rates correctly? Is it okay not to
specify the vertical/horizontal rates in the xorg.conf when using this
proprietary driver?

Thanks in advance,

Matthias