[ltp] Experience with multiburners for the Ultrabay Slim (T41)?

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:04:49 +0100

Frank Fiene wrote:
>>* How well do the IBM Multi burners for the Ultrabay Slim work with
>>   LINUX?
>
> Mine is working fine! I have a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-812.

That's good to know.  The latest one is the UJ-832S, AFAIK.

>>* How well do they work with different media, and what media is
>>   recommended?
>
> No problems yet. Dunno which medias! Many! ;-)

Do you verify the data you've burned?  If so, I assume that at least
once in a while you'll discover a bad DVD especially if you use cheap
media.  What's your success rate?

Now, I'd also like to know: Where can one buy these writers for a low
price (I live in Germany, but I'd consider ordering worldwide as long as
there are no problems with warranty or customs)?

--
Felix E. Klee