[ltp] UPEK driver expiring in about a month?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:59:52 -0500

Hi There:
Do anyone notice that both betas of the UPEK driver is expiring in
about a month in the new year? They really mean it! I set my computer
date to next year and get a message "the driver has expired" when using
fingerprint reader! This is a grave threat to my computer lifestyle:)
Is there any workaround other than setting the date back a year when
new year come and wait for new driver?

Also anyone has the problem of beta 2 version of driver segmentation
fault when using under GUI? If I go into NonGUI_Sample and run ./Sample
it segmentation fault without letting me enrolling. It works fine under
console, both to enroll and to log in.  And beta 1 version of driver
works both for console and GUI.  This is a ubuntu hoary box with bioapi
1.2.2 compiled from source with --with-Qt-dir=no flag(couldn't get it
to compile with qt).  The hardware is thinkpad T43.

Thanks in advance for answering. I'm not in linux-biometric list so
please cc me personally, too, at qian2@fas.harvard.edu when you reply to
the list! Thanks again!

Jiang