[ltp] UPEK driver expiring in about a month?

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:44:41 -0600

Jiang Qian wrote:

>Hi There:
>Do anyone notice that both betas of the UPEK driver is expiring in
>about a month in the new year? They really mean it! I set my computer
>date to next year and get a message "the driver has expired" when using
>fingerprint reader! This is a grave threat to my computer lifestyle:)
>Is there any workaround other than setting the date back a year when
>new year come and wait for new driver?

Why would they do such stupid thing? I swear I will rip off the
fingerprint reader if they charge for this driver.

I hope they just do it so one doesn't keep an *old* driver. And still,
they are not doing things the Linux way.

.Alejandro