[ltp] Re: Sound on 570

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:30:41 -0600

Chris Schumann wrote:

>>Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:57:09 +0100
>>From: Florian Reitmeir <thinkpad@reitmeir.org>
>>

>>Have you tried alsamixer? its an command line tool.
>>

>It runs and reports CS46xx, but I'm not at the machine at the moment, so I
>can't say if it really makes sound. I'll try soon and report back.

Everything you listed looked fine to me.  Please try alsamixer and make
sure that both main and pcm are unmuted and above level zero.  Use aplay
to test.  ALSA inits to muted, so you really do need to mess with the
mixer to get some reasonable levels.  Then you can use alsactl store to
save those levels, and alsactl restore in an init script so that levels
are reasonable after reboot.  This might already be done for you, I
don't know any details of Fedora's init scripts.

wes