[ltp] Re: I bought the R52 !!!

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:47:14 +0300

On Sunday 02 October 2005 16:04, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:02:13AM -0400, Charles E. Rick Taylor, IV
wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 08:38 -0500, Jim Harvey wrote:
> >
> > ["Designed for Windows XP" stickers]
> >
> > > I put mine on an Etch-a-Sketch.
> >
> > I put mine on the lid of the toilet.
>
> Me too !!!
>
> Strange mindshare isn't it ?

That is bad. I can not understand people saing: "I did not use windows
since 1992" or some thing of the kind. All Linux developers should boot
Windows every day when wake up and then before going to bed. Just to
compare. If they did that Linux should be great. It is a funny now
Windows XP going more stable and quicker on my computer T600X than
modern Linux distributions. Or perhaps hardware manifacturers pay for
that? If so what is the difference between Bil Gates and Linux society?

I am a Linux fan but do not like to see every day and everywhere
statments how great is Linux and to see such poor programs in alfa stage
circulating around. I am going to think that stable release is that
which is working stable on the developer computer.

Do not blame me. I am a radio amateur, so called a HAM. Where is the
program for meteor scatter, for contacts via the moon, PSK31 and at
least one usable logging program. Yes there are several so called
programs but if you just compare them with Windows equivalents will
understand that they are really bad!!! and unusable. I compare free
Windows programs only. And many prefer to pay for such a jewel as MixW
instead to fight with buggy alfa Linux programs.

If you compare every day what Windows developers are doing we should have
them. And linux will be a reall competitor against Windows. I want to
forget about Windows but I HAVE to boot every day when hamming.

That the truth guys. The power of Windows is not Windows but all those
great software developers who never say Linux is stupied but take all
goodies from it!!!
Regards, Harry Popov